Thanks to a super friend (and that her kidlets are sickly so she has to stay home and gave me her tickets; thanks, Becky – hope the kids are better quickly, but not fast enough that you’ll take the tickets back, hehe), Lindsey and I will be wandering around the Salt Lake City Home Show at the South Towne Expo Center tomorrow (Saturday; but it’s also open Sunday) and
might run into Ty Pennington SQUEE!!!
Who’s going? I’ll be back to report on the funness that we are expectantly going to have, you can bet on that.
Stuff that I’m interested in learning more about for our home:
- eventual remodel on the main level adding a gas line to the kitchen so we can have a gas stove
- building in a corner fireplace in the living room
- building the 2nd story deck finally (we’ve only had this house 9 years sans deck)
- splash pad in place of the hornet-infested sand box
- refinishing the wood floor on the main level (it’s basic oak that’s been distressed and stained dark)
- fancy carpet in the living room and office
- new furnace system
- master bed BED (oh how I want a Sleep Number; my number is the same as the Bionic Woman)
- window blind replacement on the back of the house where the sun BEATS THE BEJEEZIES out of them
- and TIPS TIPS TIPS on home organization and DIY stuff because I DO own my own drill (although it pooped out on me, RIP Makita, so I’m borrowing my husband’s)
I’m going to take a pad and pen to take some serious notes. When we have money to do any of the remodeling (hahahaha), I’ll be ready.
Do you want me to scope out vendors or products for you if you can’t make it? But, really, you should come because it’ll be information overload and you know what Oprah has said… “When you know better, you do better.” Or something like that. You catch my drift.